On October 6, 2016, two days before the first Cybathlon, the Cybathlon Symposium brought together leading experts and junior researchers to present and discuss recent technological advances within the six disciplines of the Cybathlon. The symposium featureed six keynotes by leading researchers and short presentations from young talents. A roundtable discussion involving end-users, patient and industry representatives and an ethics researcher highlighted opportunities and challenges in the field of assistive technology, its industrial transfer and user acceptance.
- Prof. Dr. Roger Gassert, Chair
- Dr. Olivier Lambercy, Co-Chair
- Denise Schumacher, Event Service Director
- Ann van der Aa, Project Manager Events
- Dr. Peter Wolf, Finance chair